Prof. Dr. Silvia Daun
- 05/2019 - now: Professor for Computational Neuroscience - Modeling Neural Network Function, Zoological Institute, University of Cologne and Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine - Cognitive Neuroscience, Research Center Juelich
- 11/2016 - 04/2019: Heisenbergprofessor for Computational Neuroscience - Modeling Neural Network Function, Zoological Institute, University of Cologne
- 05/2014 - 10/2016: Research Group Leader (DFG-Heisenberg Programme) in Computational Biology, Zoological Institute, University of Cologne
- 05/2014 - now: Research Group Leader (Computational Neurology) at the Research Center Jülich
- 01/2014: Habilitation in Computational Biology
05/2009 - 04/2014: Emmy-Noether Research Group Leader, Bioscience Center, Zoological Institute, University of Cologne.
08/2008 - 03/2009: Independent external consultant at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, USA.
2006 - 2008: Postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pittsburgh, USA.
2003 - 2006: PhD in Mathematics at the University of Cologne, Germany
Thesis on "Modeling, analysis and calculation of cerebral hemodynamics".
07/2003: Diploma in Mathematics (with honours), Thesis on "Bifurcations in the Beeler-Reuter Model".
1998 - 2003: Studies in Mathematics and Chemistry at the University of Cologne, Germany.
Awards and Grants
- 07/2014: Research Funding: BMBF-NSF: CRCNS US-German Collaboration in Computational Neuroscience
- 05/2014: Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Award
- 02/2014: Research Funding: Heisenberg Stipend, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- 01/2014: Research funding: University of Cologne -Emerging Group: CONNECT
- since 05/2013: AcademiaNet: Profiles of Women Leading Scientists, Member
- 12/2010: "Capital"-Magazine: Top 40 list of German researchers under the age of 40
- 02/2009: Research Funding: Emmy-Noether Programme, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
- 10/2007: Young Investigator Award, International Conference on Complexity in Acute Illness (ICCAI).
- 07/2003: Diploma “with honours”, University of Cologne
Activities within the University
- since 2018: Core-PI in the Center for Data and Simulation Science
- since 2014: Member of the Competence Area III: „Quantitative Modeling of Complex Systems“
- since 2014: Co-PI in the DFG funded Research Training Group „Neural Circuits Analysis on the Cellular and Subcellular Level“
- 2013-2016: Equal Opportunity Commissioner in the Department of Biology
- 2013-2014: Board and funding member of the Junior Faculty Club
- 2012-2016: Member of the Internal Scientific Advisory Board
- 2012-2016: Member of the Official Committe to ensure good scientific practice